You may have heard of Regional Flood and Coastal Committees (RFCC) which are independent bodies that play a vital role in reducing the risk of flooding and coastal erosion. The RFCC that covers most of Cambridgeshire (Anglian Great Ouse) is currently looking for new independent members to join the committee. They are looking for candidates who:


  • have an active interest in flood and coastal risk management.
  • can represent the interests of communities across our region.
  • come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
  • are impartial and not representatives of any particular organisation.


You don’t have to be a technical expert or have specific qualifications to be a member. It’s your enthusiasm and commitment to your local community that is most important. However, an interest in one or more of the following areas may be useful:


  • local community flood forums or action groups.
  • climate change and associated flood risk.
  • spatial planning, engineering or construction.
  • business and economics.
  • asset management.
  • managing resilience and recovery.
  • conservation.
  • farming and land management.


Further information can be found here:


Anglian Great Ouse RFCC – Environment Agency (