Godmanchester Community Nursery is a unique horticultural project. Our aim is to involve and educate as much of our local community in gardening, and the natural environment. The 4.5 acres nursery and grounds are run by Godmanchester Town Council.
The Community Plant Nursery could be just what your garden needs.
With several different areas including a vegetable garden and potager (a Victorian style garden used for growing vegetables and flowers for use in the home), an orchard growing local apple varieties and a range of plums, a winter aspect garden, a drought garden, a rose garden, a nuttery, and a bee garden, this is a great place to come and explore and gain ideas for changes to your own garden.
With the help of a great team of volunteers who carry out all manner of jobs from weeding to vegetable planting, seed sowing to fruit harvesting, and mulching to grass cutting, there are lots of plants ready for you to buy to bring colour and variation into your homes.
You are welcome to come and just have a look around the Nursery and Gardens, someone will be available to help you find your way around and answer any questions.
We have public toilets on site, we also have a classroom on site which is available to rent via the Town Council website.
Our opening hours are:
Monday 10:00 -15:00
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 -15:00
Sunday 10:00 -14:00
Our new coffee shop ‘The Muddy Trowel’ is open on Saturdays between 10:00 – 14:00.and Sundays between 10:00 – 13:00.
You will find the nursery situated just off Park Lane, Godmanchester PE29 2AG .
- winter interest garden
- colourful drought garden
- bee garden
- orchard with over 20 varieties of local heritage fruit trees
- three bee hives with an observation hide.
THINGS TO DO
- visit with your school, youth group or community group
- bring your dog on a lead (please clear up if necessary)
- buy garden plants and fresh produce (when available)
- hold a social event using the barbecues and pizza oven in the outdoor kitchen (contact us for more information)
- join work parties to help with practical tasks
People of all skills and abilities are welcome to help with a variety of tasks at the nursery.
If you would like to join the volunteers, even for just a couple of hours a week, please contact us.
For more information about the nursery:
- email email@example.com
- telephone Godmanchester Community Plant nursery on 07927 132850
- visit our Facebook
We look forward to seeing you at the nursery.