Thank you to the Godmanchester residents who turned out to vote, we are delighted that 96% of those who voted were in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan which will now be made by Huntingdon District Council and become part of the documentation they refer to when considering matters which affect Godmanchester.
The Neighbourhood Plan for Godmanchester has now been completed with valuable input from many residents.
Now we need your support in a referendum to ensure it is used to determine planning applications in Godmanchester.
The question on the ballot paper will be:
Do you want Huntingdonshire District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Godmanchester to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
Why vote YES for the Neighbourhood Plan?
Our Plan will sit alongside Huntingdonshire District Council’s new Local Plan to 2036. The planning policies in our Neighbourhood Plan will help ensure any new development in Godmanchester makes it an even better place to live, work and visit.
Having a Neighbourhood Plan also allows us to get 10% more money from developers for things that will make a difference locally.
If the Neighbourhood Plan is not adopted we loose some of our say as a Town.
The Neighbourhood Plan contains 25 planning policies and other actions built around the objectives that Godmanchester residents told us were important to them:
- Protect and enhance our beautiful tranquil countryside, open spaces, our historic heritage and improve the appearance of the historic core.
- Provide a range of vibrant amenity and recreation facilities that are used by residents and visitors.
- Ensure any new residential developments meet the housing needs of local people and benefit our town.
- Provide essential services and infrastructure.
- Help local businesses thrive.
- Help people get around more easily.
If you have any questions or concerns, please ring the Town Council on 01480 388870 and one of the Neighbourhood Plan team will get back to you.
For questions on the referendum process or voting, please contact Huntingdonshire District Council on 01480 388017
Please vote YES on December 7th