Godmanchester Town Council has now completed re-drafting the Neighbourhood Plan following your feedback. We have now submitted it to Huntingdonshire District Council.
You are invited to comment on the plan online at: http://consult.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/portal/pp/nps/gmc-np
The Plan will then go to an independent Planning Inspector for Examination to ensure it meets planning legislation requirements. We will then review all comments and consider whether we need to make any final changes before it is put to all residents as a referendum. We expect this will take place later this year and will provide more information nearer the time.
The draft Neighbourhood Plan contains planning policies and other actions to try to deliver a number of objectives that people told us were important to them:
- Protect and enhance our beautiful and tranquil countryside and open spaces.
- Protect and enhance our heritage and improve the appearance of the town centre.
- Provide a range of vibrant amenity and recreation facilities that are used by residents and visitors.
- Ensure any new residential developments meet the housing needs of local people and benefit our town.
- Provide essential services and infrastructure.
- Help local businesses thrive.
- Help people get around more easily.