We are pleased to announce that the Nursery will be reopening on Thursday 1 April 2021 and will be open on Good Friday and Easter Saturday too.
We are delighted to announce that with effect from 1 April 2020, Godmanchester Town Council took over the responsibility, from Huntingdonshire District Council, of managing the Community Nursery off Park Lane, Godmanchester PE29 2AG
The nursery is a 4.5 acre site with several special gardens, an orchard, nuttery, potager, cut flower garden and vegetable garden.
The nursery manager is Oscar Jeakings but he relies on a team of volunteers to help. We operate the nursery in an environmentally friendly way by limiting the use of pesticides, composting green materials and using rain water harvested in a series of water butts. We also have a composting loo.
The nursery will be open to the public as follows:
|Monday||10.00am – 2.00pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am – 2.00pm|
|10.00am – 2.00pm|
|Friday||10.00am – 2.00pm|
|10.00am – 2.00pm|
CLICK & COLLECT – ORDERING SERVICE
This is no longer available as the nursery is now open to the public as detailed above.
- winter interest garden
- colourful drought garden
- bee friendly garden – with wheelchair accessible raised beds
- orchard with over 20 varieties of local heritage fruit trees
- three bee hives with an observation hide.
Things to do
- visit with your school, youth group or community group
- bring your dog on a lead (please clear up if necessary)
- buy garden plants and fresh produce (when available)
- hold a social event using the barbecues and pizza oven in the outdoor kitchen (contact us for more information)
- join work parties to help with practical tasks
People of all skills and abilities are welcome to help with a variety of tasks at the nursery.
If you would like to join the volunteers, even for just a couple of hours a week, please contact us.
For more information about the nursery:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone Godmanchester Town Council on 01480 388870
- visit our Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you at the nursery.